Rhodes is among the charming island and also one of the most extensive islands in Greece. The island is popularly called the island of the Knights and this is because the city was conquered by Knights of Saint John of Jerusalem. The island is an exciting and fun place to tour for tourists and it is among the most visited Island in Greece. You will surely find thrilling activities to try out whether you are on the island alone, with friends, with special someone, or with family and kids.
Rhodes Old Town
This is the best place to stay if you are in Rhodes in the first time, the presence of the Crusaders in this area in the medieval area is also the reason why Rhodes is popularly known as the island of the Knights. The coalition of Knights in Europe also helped to build the walls which now denote the historic center of the town. The place is filled with winding streets which makes it a perfect place to explore and discover the hidden gems amongst the crumbling stones. This is the best place to stay for families who liked to be in the middle of it all and just wander around the attractions.
Top things to do in Rhodes Old Town
- Explore the fascinating collection of Modern Greek art at the Municipal Art Gallery of Rhodes.
- Visit the ruins of the 3rd-century BC Temple of Venus in Plateia Square
- Stroll along the stunning well preserved medieval Street of Knights.
- Pass through the Eleftheria Gate
- Admire the Palace of the Grand Master of the Knights.
- Go sightseeing at the Grand Mosque of Suleiman.
This is the perfect place to stay if you are in Rhodes with your family on Budget. It is located on the west of the Old and New Towns of Rhodes filled with chilled out places where you can eat and relax. There are numerous hotels which line the waterfront and pebble beach that you can stay with plenty of cafes to rest if the sun gets too hot. This neighborhood is also popular for windsurfing as you can take a lesson here if you are a beginner. This is also the best place to stay if you want to experience the local life of Rhodes.
Top things to do in Ialyssos
- Explore the village to experience the local Greek life
- Go sightseeing at the Church of our lady in Filerimos to enjoy the views from the hill.
- Visit the private museum of Mineralogy and Paleontology
- Try out traditional Greek treats and bread from Karevolias Bakery
- Try out windsurfing
If you are searching for nightlife, then this is the place for you. The area is popular for its long, white sandy beach and it is the epicentre for nightlife on the island. It is just 15km south of Rhodes town and it is filled with bars, pubs, and clubs. It is a good destination for families travelling with kids with its shallow waters and family-friendly resorts and nearby amenities.
Things to do in Faliraki
- Have fun at Faliraki waterpark
- Snorkel at Anthony Bay
- Shop for souvenirs at Faliraki Square
- Visit the Aqua world
- Try out some local cuisines at the buzzing Manolis Taverna
Rhodes New Town
This is the best place to stay for families visiting the Rhodes Islands. The town has medieval roots, it is clean and well maintained which is close to other Greek cities. The town features some architecture which dates back to the 20th century with a lot of Art Deco-style buildings. With its tree-lined streets and wide boulevards, New Town is more of a modern experience to the experience in the Old Town.
Top things to do Rhodes New Town
- Hike the Monte Smith Hill where you will see the Acropolis of Rhodes
- Have fun on the beaches
- Go shopping at New Market
- Explore Mandraki harbor
- See numerous flora and fauna in the Rodini Park
- Visit Rhodes Aquarium
- Explore Mandraki harbor.
This is the coolest and the most charming village in Rhodes with a great mix of beaches, nightlife and history. Lindos is popular for its ancient clifftop Acropolis and whitewashed houses which lines the cobbled streets. Lindos is filled with bars and restaurants which stay available till late.
Top things to do in Lindos
- Have fun on the sandy Pallas Beach
- Explore the spot where whitewashed St Paul’s Chapel lies between rocks shaded by pines
- Go on a tour around the ancient Acropolis
- Go swimming in serene St. Pauls Bay
- Stroll along the rugged coast to the lovely ruins of the Tomb of Kleoboulos.